Your desire for entrepreneurial success or climbing the corporate ladder is because you want to create a life on your terms. We have the desire to be the best we can for our family, to leave behind a legacy of faith, tenacity, and determination. We want to use our gifts and skills to give back. Yet, if we push health to the back burner, we are ineffective in our desires mentioned above and it also impacts our drive because we are burnt-out. Nobody and nothing will benefit if you have nothing left to give.
Faith, health, and mindset (skills and attitude) all contribute to your overall success leading to you to the best, most impactful life. They are intertwined. They each impact one another. You can’t have one without the others. You were created for greatness and it’s up to you to take control of your stress. HEALTH MATTERS!
Here is your first step to finding freedom in your life by choosing to say yes to your health: I want you to do this TODAY, write down all the things on your plate or on your mind that you are trying to give attention. Pick two (seriously, just two!) areas to focus on this week. Just TWO. This is about making small, manageable changes. You won’t know when you have arrived if you don’t know where you are going. For example, if you struggle with finding time to exercise, schedule in two days this week that you will make that appointment. Then pick something you enjoy, for goodness sake! If you hate running, go to a yoga class or try a barre class! The likelihood of you doing something you hate is slim to none. So do something you WANT TO DO!!
Here are some suggestions to give a targeted, jump start to a healthier YOU. Use these focus areas to assist you in stress management while you build and create goals for yourself and journey to the path of health. Creating goals in each area of your life will be instrumental in finding a semblance of “balance”. The promptings will help you as create time and become mindful in who you want to become and what your idea of health will look like.
· Be thankful. Find at least three things each day that you are grateful for.
· Set some time to just be still. This can work especially well first thing in the morning, before the crazy of the day sets in. It sets the tone for a day of productivity. Enjoy the quiet and use the time to pray, reflect, journal, and write down goals and what you are grateful for.
· Read books that focus on encouragement, positivity, and self-development.
· Surround yourself with positive people who are living lives that you would like to emulate.
· Create a daily schedule
· Use 30 minute blocks of time for tasks then take a 5-10 break
· Repeat that three times then take a 30-minute break
· Plan your meals/meal prep to avoid giving in to cravings (sugar, fast food, empty calories)
· Make sleep a priority
· Limit your use of devices in the evening hours
· Treat yourself to a facial, massage, or pedicure
· Let others know what you need from them. It’s OK to ask for help.
· Make an appointment at least two-three times a week to exercise and treat it like you would any other appointment.
· Pick something you enjoy
· Try something new
· Start with a positive mindset, you are doing something great for your body.
Take the time to care for you because the world needs you and your gifts. Saying yes to your health is that important. I would love to hear what you did to say "YES!" to your health this week! Share in the comments, it would make my day.